1. Why should I get involved?
Dufferin County’s new online public space provides an opportunity for citizens to share stories, ideas and experiences, connect with the community and express their thoughts on new projects. More importantly, decisions made and programs that are being established and implemented at the County level will impact you. By getting involved and by sharing your perspectives and experiences, you are helping to shape your community and future.
2. How will my registration benefit me?
When you register you will have the ability to receive updates and stay informed on various projects that are happening in Dufferin County, and become part of an online community.
You can choose to follow certain or all projects that you have interest in with ability to comment on all consultations.
3. How will my information be used?
What this policy covers
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of privacy act
What personal information we collect
We collect information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
We collect information about your usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
How we use the information we collect
We collect this information in order to:
- analyze and interpret it to help meet our objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
You can make a freedom of information request relating to the personal information we hold about you. To make a request contact the Information Management Coordinator, Rebecca Whelan at email@example.com
4. I'm having trouble logging in, what should I do?
- If you are unable to login it may be because your email address is already being used. If you forgot your password please follow the following steps to recover your password
- Click on
‘Forgot password’ in the Sign-in page:
You will see the Reset your Password screen is displayed. Enter your registered email address, and click Continue.
5. What are the moderation rules for engaging on the site?
- Please see https://www.bangthetable.com/blog/faqs-about-digital-rights-online-public-engagement/ to review the moderation rules provided by Bang the Table. The rules are meant to create a safe and constructive space for consultation and that they are administered by *Bang the Table’s moderators who provide an independent space
*Bang the Table is the host website for Join in Dufferin